Monday, August 17, 2009

Road Trip: Napa, Day Five - Little Happens

Today, I’m afraid, was rather uneventful, and there’s really very little to tell about. I’m sure the same wasn’t true for my sister, she had her first day of work. This included discovering that her Deaf aid, while being something of a lip reader, definitely depends upon sign language, doing a lot of paperwork, and discovering that she didn’t have anywhere to put all of her stuff.

I, on the other hand, woke up late, read a little, walked to Peet’s coffee where I wrote and posted up that last post on Revelation, got music ready for my iPod and bought toilet paper for Joy’s apartment. When I got back in the early evening, Joy was already home and preparing to go out for a jog. While she went out I started some laundry that I needed to do, and discovered that I didn’t have enough quarters to dry it. Because of this, I walked to a local store and then back, so I got in plenty of walking today anyway. I also got to listen to plenty more of Speaker for the Dead, which I’ve almost finished. I can’t say how I’ll feel about the book at the end, but so far I think I might actually like it more than Ender’s Game, which I know is heresy, but I guess I’ll have to content myself with being a heretic.

Anyway, that was my day, uneventful but good. Tomorrow my friend’s arrive and we set out for a night in St. Helena down in the valley and then on to the rest of our journey.